Friday, April 1, 2011

. . . and whiskers on kittens

I've noticed that this blog has a tendency to take on a slightly irreverent tone sometimes. The thing is, I have to joke about these animals a little because I spend so much damn money on them. The minute I start taking them too seriously will be the minute somebody should probably check me into a mental hospital.

But I feel BAD about the fact that I've been kind of a Negative Nellie lately, so here are a few of my favorite things:


This Domino KittyCat with Odyssey Sorbet eyes is named MasterCard. I named him that because I paid 15000L for him a couple of weeks ago. Recently I've seen similar-looking cats selling for a mere 2000L, but we're not going to talk about that, are we? No.

I do love him though. He makes me happy, and that's what counts, right?


I'm a sucker for Pink Ice eyes. In my perfect world, I'd have one cat from every KittyCatS breed, and every one of them would have Pink Ice eyes. I'd be the pink ice queen of my pink iceland of cats. Or something like that.


A few days ago, if you were to ask me which Wildwood cat is my favorite, I would have replied, "Lucifer, my solid black cat with crimson eyes."

However, yesterday I clicked Lucifer's stats on accident and did a double-take. Now if you ask me which Wildwood cat is my favorite, I'll reply, "Lucifer, my SOLID BLUE cat with crimson eyes and CLOAK SHADE." Oops. Damn. No wonder he always fathers blues. :\


So, as I'm writing this ultra-compelling post, I'm realizing that the most important breedable characteristic for me is the eye color. You could take the ugliest animal out there and slap an awesome eye on it and I'd be all over it like flies on horse poop. And speaking of horses, I'm a JUNKIE for Amethyst Starshine eyes on Amarettos. They remind me of a Lisa Frank sticker.


(Jeans by WoE)

I know that a High Coat Luster on an Amaretto horse is supposed to be an exciting thing, but I think it makes the horse look squeaky, like it's made out of latex. :(

OOPS! Sorry - I forgot this post is supposed to have a very positive attitude. Next.


Today my special-edition St. Patrick's Day Leprecats gave birth to a Coco kitty with Mocha eyes and Soft Fold ears. I took one look at her and ran off on a quest for a RL candy bar. I finally found a Kit-Kat stashed in my cupboard. How fitting!

AND NOW FOR A BLATANT SALES PITCH:
I put her up for sale in Emerald's Magical Cat House. I don't really want to sell her, but I'm pretty broke and I promised myself that I wouldn't hoard my kittens, no matter how awesome they are. I have no clue what soft fold ears are worth though. I marked her for sale at 4000L. Is that too much? Someone told me to price her at 8000L, but that seems insane to me.

This post is so exciting I can hardly stand it. I think I'm gonna go check on my 99-percent preggos and see if the stork has stopped by yet.

Have a great weekend!

GET YOUR CAT FIX!
Emerald's Magical Cat House

1 comment: