Monday, March 28, 2011

#FML


So, a while ago on my other blog, I blogged about my quest for an Amaretto Breedables unicorn, which pretty much sucked me into the whole Amaretto Breedables thing . . . and now I have what seems like (and costs like) about 19,000 horses on three different plots of farm-zoned land.

Woo.


So I joined the Amaretto Breedables group, and that's been kind of a rollercoaster ride, particularly because at first I accidentally joined the multicultural group. Not many people were speaking English in there. And like an idiot, I actually sat there for about three days thinking, "Damn, the Amaretto breeders are REALLY MULTILINGUAL!"

Then I got a clue and joined the English-speaking group. I don't talk much in it though. You guys seem kind of tight in there. I'm scared. Not only that, there's a lot of heated discussion going on that usually transforms me into a silent fascinated lurker. For instance, I believe the discussion this morning was the sorry state of American healthcare. I'm being serious. I wanted to at least throw in a "neigh!" or a "whinny!" or a couple of hoof stomps in an attempt to get us back on a horse track (pardon the pun), but I was shy.

That was a long damn way of saying that I really haven't been paying much attention to actual horse developments. I did hear that we have new traits now - HALLELUJAH! - so I diligently trotted over to the Amaretto Ranch Main Store and bought two new starter packs.

I had heard that one new trait is a braided mane and/or tail. Unfortunately right now I pretty much fall into the "ignorant horse breeder" category. When I heard that the new horses could have braided hair, I figured it would be a somewhat regular occurrence - like an upright tail or low hair luster or whatever. So when two of my starters immediately threw a horse with a braided mane, I thought, "Ah, so that's what it looks like" and put it up for sale at the very optimistic price of 9000L, just to push my luck and feel kind of special.

I'm not kidding you, someone bought that horse in a record-breaking 10 minutes.

Later, I saw a similar horse at an auction. It looked exactly like the one I sold. Hell, maybe it even WAS the one I sold.

The final bid on it was 25000L.

/FACEPALM

Wow. I had no idea.

I'm mourning it now. I put its parents together in a special romantic place and I'm sitting around hoping they'll throw another one. Of course by then, braided manes will probably be everywhere. Sigh.

I've never sold anything for 25000L before. And unless my horses birth some kind of charmed mythical snake-maned, spiked-tail, scaled green Medusa horse or something, I probably just lost my one chance. *sniff*

Oh well.

I'm bummed that I didn't even take a picture of my stupid braided-mane horse. So I tried to draw one:


Yeah. That looks exactly like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment